Friday, November 25, 2011

Please, Slow Down

Why is it that the younger they are in the family, the bigger the hurry they are to grow up? Honestly, the more I want to hold and cuddle and make this time in her life last as long as possible, the faster Amanda develops. This month, she rolled over. Front-to-back on the 4th, and back-to-front on the 11th. One day she was happily playing on the floor on her tummy. I was out of the room for less than a minute when I heard her crying. I found her on her back. She wasn’t hurt, but certainly surprised. How did that happen? Wishful thinking on my part that she’ll be like her oldest brother who rolled over once one day and did not do it again for several weeks. So back on the tummy she went, and almost as quickly she rolled over again. So it’s not a fluke. Amanda really can do it. Well, at least it’s only one direction. Maybe I still have a little time before she has the coordination and strength to go back-to-front. A week later she rolled front-to-back, and before I could get to her to flip her over, she figured out how to do it herself…back-to-front. Now she can spin herself around on her belly to reach and grab that neat looking toy someone left for her to explore. It’s fascinating to watch her discover her world; there is so much to do and explore. But could you please slow down baby girl?

1 comment: