
Where I grew up, Easter was usually greeted with warmth, bluebonnets, and new spring outfits. In South Dakota it seems the big question is snow suits or spring sweaters. This year we compromised with snow boots and lined pants with the boys’ new sweaters. Our dear friend Nan kicked off our Easter celebration by having the boys over to her house on Good Friday to dye Easter eggs. She is a very brave person to take on such a project wit

h a 2 and 4 year old, but Nan raised three boys, so I
figured she knew what she was getting in to. I’m not sure who had more fun, Nan or the boys!
Zac’s Easter basket sported a new fishing rod. It may be a while before he

gets to use it, but in the mean time he can learn how to cast with it in our yard. Nathan received his first baseball glove and ball. He is so proud of his glove. As soon as he understands that the glove goes on his left hand so he can throw the ball with his right, he’ll be headed for baseball greatness. Bethany was our own snuggle bunny for Easter. She hung out with Mommy and watch

ed her brothers run around the yard looking for the eggs that the boys had dyed and left for the Easter cat to hide. I didn’t know that hunting eggs could be a sport, but it was a great way to wear off some of that boy energy. Oh, did I say Easter cat? Well,

since Rocky won’t let a rabbit get anywhere near the yard, he had to take over egg duty.
No comments:
Post a Comment