
Bethany is seeing the world from a new perspective these days…sitting up. I’m not talking about the early stage tripod sitting where baby uses two legs and the arms between the legs while the head is still a little wobbly. I mean sitting up, back straight and conducting business in her world or least within the length of her reach. She can’t get into position by herself yet, but she loves the freedom of playing and interacting with the family from her new vantage point. She can see everything around her. She can play with her toys on her terms. She can even snatch things away from her unsuspecting brothers. If a toy ends up just out of her reach, she will “walk” forward with her hands until she can reach it, rear end firmly planted in place, or she squawks until she has someone’s att

ention who is willing to hand it to her. It’s amazing to me how babies naturally do things correctly. Bethany sits up with a very straight back, as did the boys when they started sitting. How many of us now have to remind ourselves or our older children to sit up straight? Bethany has also become very wiggly when she is stretched out on the floor or next to me on the bed. I recently learned that the constant motion stages are precursors to growth. The muscles are moving to develop for the next stage and new challenges. I suppose that means it’s probably only a short time until our baby girl figures out how to crawl. For now I’ll enjoy being able to set her down on the floor to play and knowing that she’ll be there when I return.
No comments:
Post a Comment