Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Hanger-Upside-Downer

When Zac was about a year old, we were at a park on a play date with a new friend and his Mom. The other Mom noticed two preschool-age boys playing on the swings. One was sitting on the swings and pumping his legs and the other was hanging upside down from his swing, hair almost dragging the ground. My friend laughed and said there go our boys in a few years with Zac being the hanger-upside-downer. Well that's Zac today. He is our first precious gift from God. Everything for which we'd hoped, prayed, and dreamed, and then some. He is non-stop energy, naturally athletic, a great dancer, and a cowboy-farmer-construction worker at heart. He lives life for today and to the fullest, and slow down to eat and sleep...well, we're still working on that. He straddles the fence between being a toddler with his little brother and being the preschooler he is, but he knows the place he has in our hearts. No matter how we or he feels about the preschool years, with all the challenges this age brings, he is our first love, and when he wraps his arms around me and whispers in my ear "Mommy, I love you," I know I've done something good in this life.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melanie I'm a blogger too!! Thnks for letting me know about your blog!! I'll send you an invite for access to our blog. I don't write much; I mostly just post pics! However, you can see Cache!! Congrats on the Bethany and your boys are adorable as ever. Tell Zach hi. He may just remember me!!

    ReplyDelete